2 Day Freediving Course in Oahu
$338 – (rental gear included)
$260 – students with their own gear
note: price includes boat charter on open water day
Freediving is about inward power, discipline, and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediving course in Oahu is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch.™
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
What Freediving Gear Will You Use:
Required student gear (provided in rental):
Mask, freedive fins, snorkel, wetsuit, weights & weight belt
- We provide top of the line OMER freediving gear
Freediving computer, rubber weight belt, free diving wetsuit
Provided by shop:
Safety signaling device, flotation device in open water, freedive target depth plate
(Depth gauge and Timing device available for additional $50)
What to Expect:
- Arrive by 4:30 pm at the Schofield Barracks Outdoor Recreation Building, 435 Ulrich Way, Schofield Barracks, 96857 for orientation, which should give an adequate amount of time to gain base access*, and pick up all rental materials at Outdoor Rec. If you have base access, just be at 435 Ulrich way at 5pm.
- *To gain base access it is required to have a valid drivers license, registration, safety, and insurance. You must enter through Lyman gate (not Foote gate which Google tells you to do).
- 5-6:30pm class section of course at Outdoor Recreation 435 Ulrich Way. ALL e-LEARNING MATERIAL MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE START OF CLASS.
- 7-9pm Confined water section, of course, one quarter a mile away at the Schofield Barracks pool
- meet dive boat at approximately Noon – boat location changes weekly, check with instructor on Friday
- 1pm-3;30pm Open Water Dives
- return to Outdoor Recreation for certification cards/final paperwork/return rental gear