2 Day Basic Freediving Course in Oahu
$298 – (rental gear included)
$220 – students with their own gear
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediving course in Oahu is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
What Freediving Gear Will You Use:
Required student gear (provided in rental):
Mask, freedive fins, snorkel, wetsuit, weights & weight belt
- We provide top of the line OMER freediving gear
Free diving computer, rubber weight belt, free diving wetsuit
Provided by shop:
Safety signaling device, flotation device in open water, freedive target depth plate
(Depth gauge and Timing device available for additional $50)
What to Expect:
- Arrive by 5pm, which should give an adequate amount of time to gain base access*, and pickup all rental materials at Outdoor Rec.
- 6-7pm class section of course at Outdoor Recreation 435 Ulrich Way. ALL LEARNING MATERIAL MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE START OF CLASS.
- 7-9pm Confined water section of course one quarter a mile away at the Schofield Barracks pool *To gain base access it is required to have valid drivers license, registration, safety and insurance. You must enter base through Lyman gate (not Foote gate which Google tells you to do)
- 9am at Designated Beach
- 9:30am-1:30pm Open Water Dives
- 2:30-3:30pm PX for certification cards/final paperwork/return rental gear