After years of traveling to the Philippines, we have finally booked the most awesome 3 island itinerary. From muck diving, hoping to spy weird little critters, our bucket list of Apo island, to diving with the gentle giant Whale Sharks, this trip has it all.
Price, $3195 per person, double occupancy
The Epic Itinerary
Oct 28th – arrive Taglibaran and transfer to the Magic Oceans Resort
Oct. 28 to Nov 1 (4 nights) at Magic Oceans, Bohol
- 3 days unlimited diving incl. Nitrox at Magic Oceans on Oct. 29, 30 and 31
- 1 beach BBQ between the dives at Magic Oceans
- 1 sunset cruise at Magic Oceans
- 1 unique evening trip to the fire fly’s (millions) at Magic Oceans (see further description)
- 1 massage at Magic Oceans
- Full meal plan less soft drinks and alcohol
Nov 2nd-Nov 4th
- 3 dives per day with nitrox
- Full meal plan
- One of the days to famous Apo Island
- 1 massage
Nov 5th – the best transfer day ever
- We will check out in the morning and take a boat to Oslob, there we will do 2 dives, one at Sumilon Island, and one that you will never forget with the whalesharks
- After the dives we will be dropped at the beach with our luggage and transferred by van (approx 1.5 hours) to Magic Island Moalboal, Cebu
Nov 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- 5 days Full board at Magic Island, incl. free mineral water, coffee, tea and ice tea
- 4 days unlimited diving incl. Nitrox at Magic Island on Nov. 6, 7, 8 and 9
- 1 beach BBQ between the dives at Magic Island
- 1 massage at Magic Island
Nov 10th – transfer to Cebu Airport
You need to arrive Oct 28th in Tagbilaran (either the airport or ferry terminal) transfer to the resort is included.
For most people that will mean an arrival on 27th of October with an overnight stay in Manilla with an early morning flight to Tagbilaran. For those of us in Honolulu that means a Philippine Air flight departing on the 26th of October and arriving the 27th, with a flight to Taglibaran in the morning.
Alternative: you can fly into Cebu and the resort will arrange a $49 transfer to Taglibaran, but must be early enough in the day for the transfer to happen.
Regardless of your flight arrangements (US mainlanders have lots of options), you need to arrive in Taglibaran on the 28th of October to start the trip. Just let us know when you will arrive and the resort transportation will be there to get you to the first resort.
After visiting 3 resorts and doing all kinds of crazy awesome stuff you will be checking out of the last resort on Nov 10th (3 hour transfer to the Cebu airport on the 10th of November is included).
For those of us in HNL that likely means a flight to Manilla with a connection to Honolulu. Since we pass the date line on the way home, we will get back on the “same” day. Nov 10th.
Transfer from Taglibaran airport or ferry terminal
4 nights Magic Ocean resort Bohol with unlimited diving
Firefly Tour, Beach BBQ, Sunset Cruise
Transfer to Azure Resort in Dumaguete (ferry and vans)
4 nights at Azure resort with 3 days of 3 dives including one day Apo Island
Transfer to Magic Islands Resorts, Moalboal Cebu via dive boat
Whale Shark Dive, Sumilon Island Dive on transfer day
5 night Magic Island Resort Moalboal Cebu with unlimited diving 4 days
Transfer to Cebu Airport
All meals all resorts
One message at each resort (3)
Nitrox on all dives, all 3 resorts
Night dives included in Bohol and Cebu
Airfare to Taglibaran
Airfare from Cebu
Alcohol and soft drinks
Tips for resort staff (recommend $10 per day per person)
The First Ten Guests
We have room of 10 people on the full itinerary. After we have booked 10 people the remainder will need to leave the last resort one day early. Make deposit ASAP as this trip will fill up. For everyone that wants to join the trip after the first ten people you will have to check out of the resort on day early (take $100 of trip price) If you want to stay in Moalboal town the extra night, and transfer to the airport the next day, we’ll help you arrange it.
Payments to Dive Travel Services
Payment schedule: $500 deposit to reserve a spot. $500 payment due July 30th, 2019, final payment of $2195 due Sept 14th 2019. All payments need to be made by check or cashier’s check to Dive Travel Service (not Island Divers). The best way to get that in our hands is mail to PO Box 30108 Honolulu HI 96820, though dropping off at a shop is an option. If you want to pay by cash you need to make an appointment with Sheila Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org Payments are non refundable for any reason. That being said we will work with any resort or operator or airline to secure refund if possible. Don’t count on this though, Dive Travel Services makes commitments based on trip payments, and once resorts have the have the money, getting it back is not very likely. Get travel insurance from DAN! www.diversalertnetwork.org/travel
Information you should send to us.
- Passport number – valid for 6 months after last date of travel
- Date of Birth & Redress and Known Traveler numbers if applicable
- your contact phone & email as well as an emergency contact
- any food allergies or dietary restrictions
- your flight details
If you have sent this information for a previous trip, we have it. Update as necessary.